I like to make things, for some reason. This is a list of some of the less daft ones.
- Dot GNE – A simple, secure personal photo site, designed for storing family photos without uploading them to, for example, Facebook. Runs on Heroku, stores images in S3 with secure transient URLs. It’s what I use here, and the code’s in Github.
- Make America Kittens Again (link, Github) – removes Donald Trump from the internet, but sadly not the real world. As featured everywhere.
- Kitten Block for Firefox (link), Chrome (link, Github) – Prevents access to the Daily Mail and Daily Express. As featured in the Guardian and New Statesman (sample comment: “this is typical of the fascist left”).
- Ukitten – a way to block Nigel Farage’s stupid face from your life. As featured on Buzzfeed and others.
- Stop Registration Spam (link) – A simple plugin to prevent spam registrations by amending the default WordPress registration form.
On the Web:
- Japan on a Budget (nihonabudget.com) – travel guides to visiting the Japan beyond the Tokyo area (particularly Shikoku, Kyushu, Hokkaido) on a low budget.
- Tea and Kittens (www.teaandkittens.co.uk) – A website showing, er, pictures of tea and kittens (as you might have guessed).
All my personal iOS apps are now long-since off sale, as the proliferation of different devices and screen sizes made keeping them up-to-date just too arduous for a part-time developer.